Valves, Pumps and Compressors
L&T Technology Services has strong expertise in the areas of Valves (Gate, Globe, Check, Ball, Butterfly, Plug etc.) and it has setup a dedicated team of engineers to provide design and engineering solutions for the industrial and control valves used in the various industries like Oil and Gas, Process, Chemical etc. With the professional engineering knowledge base in Product Engineering, L&T Technology Services has a successful track record accredited by our valuable clients.
L&T offers a wide spectrum of Product Design services for its prestigious clients using the latest software tools such as Pro/Engineer Wildfire, Solid works, Autodesk Inventor, Solid Edge, AutoCAD, etc., Product design is verified by using state of the art design analysis technologies like Finite Element Analysis (FEA) and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis.
In addition to design, CAD modeling and analysis, we provide value added SOLUTIONS to customers in the following areas
- Evaluating the pressure drop across the valve using CFD and redesigning the valve internals to reduce the pressure drop. While redesigning we will be using FEA to analyze the structural integrity of the valve. The redesigning will involve reconfiguring the internals for increasing the flow area, avoiding sharp bends and corners which will boost up the flow capacity and reduce pressure drop. This would result in reducing the pumping capacity and hence in Energy Saving.
- Reducing the Operating Effort of the valve by designing the valve closure members, operation mechanism for better efficiency. The reduced operating torque increases the life of the valve, reduces the manual effort to operate and also reduces the size of the actuator.
- Optimum Sizing of the valve (check valves and control valves) for better performance. Check valves need minimum flow rate to keep the disc or flap from chattering, which would lead to damage to internals and reduce valve life. For a given flow rate, the check valve should attain the required lift or swing so that there is no chattering. We could do the correct sizing of the valve in a pipeline given a particular flow rate and ensure valve has higher life.
- The oil companies are looking for continuous reduction of emission levels in the valve. There is need to control the overall emission level in the refinery or plant within the statutory limit. Valves, being large in numbers in the plant, contribute to a large extent to the overall emission level in the plant. We can design the sealing areas of the valves to give consistent sealing and thus resulting in Low Emission.
- Some of the rotary valves are required to be opened or closed in 3 to 5 seconds even if the size is as high as 500mm. We have the know-how to achieve this in the pneumatic operating system. This type of condition is encountered in Emergency Shut Down Valves (ESD) in offshore platforms.
- Using our expertise on Thermal Analysis, we would be able to optimize the length of the gas column in a cryogenic valve. We do the thermal analysis subjecting the valve internals to 196 ºC or lower and finding the height of the gas column extension in which the shaft sealing will be at ambient temperature.
- New Product Development with Target cost– Concept to Prototype
- Value Engineering & Value Analysis – Cost Reduction Programs
- Material Selection & Validation
- Product Enhancement - Performance Improvement (Torque/Sealing etc.)
- Parametric Family Size Extension – Series Design Development
- Reverse-Engineering – CMM / Laser Scanning.
- Sourcing & Prototype Support.
- Product Certification support – CE /ATEX/SHELL
- CFD -Process flow path simulation-Flow characteristics, Extensive Cavitation, Noise & Erosion.
- FEA - Coupled structural and thermal loads , Vibration & Fatigue life cycle
- Valves Design for the following applications
Petroleum, Petro-Chemical and Allied Industries
Oil & Gas Industries (LNG)
Process (clean water, waste water, chemical)
Power & Chemical Plants
Paper & Pulp applications (Metal seated Ball Valve)
Food and Beverage.(Hygienic)
Municipal & HVAC
Boilers & Power plants
Subsea - Oil Well Head /Trees /Manifold Applications
High Pressure service (Class 900 & 1500 Rating)
High Temperature service (Fossil Plants)
Low temperature service. (Cryogenic – Linear/ Rotary Type)
Fugitive emission service (Bellows seal)
- New Product Launch: Product with unique selling features can be introduced in market at Competitive price with reduced Product life cycle time. This helps achieving time to market strategy and increase in market share. (Partnership for NPD)
- Cost Cutting Solutions: Guaranteed assurance of 10-15% minimum cost reduction with improved product performance. It helps creating cost competitive products for emerging markets
- Augmentation of the product image in market segment through the Certifications Approvals helps promoting /Boosting up product sales in the global market
- Rolling out Energy efficient products in the market through Eco-friendly design to meet Energy & Environmental challenges and Safety /Environment compliances
- Enhancement of Product Reliability through Analysis. (CFD/FEA)
- Qualifying Valves for Stringent Certifications – Shell / CE /ATEX etc
New Product Development of Ball Valve – Transforming concept ideas into working prototype models
- Small & Large Centrifugal Pumps
- Vertical Turbine Pumps
- Submersible Pumps
- Positive Displacement pumps
- Optimization of product selection
- Certification Projects (CSA/NSF/EISA/AB 1953/CALIFORNIA PROP 65/ROHS etc.)
- New Product Development
- Warranty Analysis
- Engineer to Build (ETO) /Configure to Build (CTO) support
- Pump performance curve maintenance
- Pump configurator support
Field and Measurement Devices & Controllers
L&T Technology Services has strong expertise in the areas of developing products for process industries, building intelligent control system for various industrial automation applications that has various communication interfaces and rich user Interface for end user interaction.
The product development team has rich experience in converting the customer requirements to technical specifications of the product, proof of concept, detailed implementation and various testing activities of the product/product artifacts and supporting the customer in certification of the product through external certification agencies.
This product development experience has helped L&T Technology Services develop expertise on working with leading processors / microcontrollers from major silicon manufacturers; industry recognized operating system/RTOSs, the communication technologies (including wireless) and various graphics engines for user Interface development.
We also help customer in developing the application software that run on remote standard desktop computer based on the Microsoft Technologies to configure and monitor the product/field device(s) performance
The major service offering can be broadly categorized into the following
- Provide end to end solution (Concept to Launch)
- Proof of architecture for NPD (New Product Development) projects
- Hardware design and implementation
- Software design and implementation
- Monitoring Application – for configuration and monitoring of the product performance
- Testing and Validation activities
- Specialized design services
The following are the major capabilities in various areas of product development
- Quick turnaround of 32/64 bit SBC/Multiprocessor boards with DDR2/DDR3 based memory technologies and support board bring up activities.
- Digital high speed designs with X86, MIPS, ARM, PowerPC, i.MX, SH3 processors
- Mixed signal designs handling both high speed digital & analog circuits and interfaces
- High density FPGA/ CPLD designs
- Advance Communication and Peripheral Interfaces
- RF designs
- Power Supply designs
- Sensors signal conditioning, interfacing and monitoring (Pressure, temperature, acoustics, flow, level)
- Design, develop and deploy functional test systems for printed circuit board assemblies of sensors, transmitters, gateway controllers in manufacturing assembly lines
- Expertise in power optimized design for battery operated, portable or hand-held instruments
- Capability in designing products meeting ATEX compliance requirements
- Re-engineering legacy products for improved feature specifications, HMI displays
- Electro-Mechanical Component Designs
- Component Modeling and Circuit simulation using PSpice
- PCB Designs: Digital / Analog / Mixed signal / RF
- The various Linux distributions include Montavista, uClinux, RTLinux, TimeSys, Arabella, LTIB from Freescale
- Real time Operating Systems include LynxOS, WinCE, QNX, VxWorks, eCos, ThreadX, CMX, VDSP++ Kernel, DSTniOS, FreeRTOS, Nucleus OS
MODBUS, Profibus, Foundation FieldBus, Wired and Wireless HART, HART Profile on ProfiBus, Ethernet/IP, DeviceNet, BACnet/IP, OPC client / Server development, ZigBee, Bluetooth, CANOpen, SMTP, NTP, STP, SNMP, BOOTP, DHCP, PPPD, FTP, TFTP.
PCI Express host driver, Ethernet, DMA, TEDS, Video, USB host and slave, USB OTG, McBSP, IDE driver for compact flash, NAND/NOR Flash, SDIO, CAN, QUART, SPI, I2C, I2S, Customized high speed interfaces using DSP and FPGA
QT embedded, Microwindows, XFC desktops, Flashlite, PEG+, Glade/GTK, Multilingual support
L&T offers all facilities for EMI/EMC, environmental tests and possess test equipment in our premises that enable us to deliver designs meeting the regulatory standards.
- Radiated Emissions
- Conducted Emissions
- Radiated Susceptibility
- Electrostatic Discharge
- Electrical Fast Transient
- Surge tests
- Shock and Vibration
- Voltage dips & interruptions
- Phantom loads
- Gauss Meter
- Environmental chambers
In addition, we interact with various compliance laboratories and certification agencies ensuring the products certified for end use and deployment.
PLC , SCADA, HMI, DCS
Motors & Drives
L&T Technology Services can offer services in the area of Motion Control for various Domains such as Material Handling, Factory Automation, Automotive, Medical, Appliance, Semiconductor and Robotics. We have expertise to develop drive electronic to support various Motors such as DC Motor, Asynchronous Induction Motors (ACIM), Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motors (PMSM) / Blushless DC Motors, Permanent Magnet DC Motors, Switched reluctance Motors of various ratings.
- PMSM Motors
- BLDC Motors
- Induction Motors
- Linear Motors
- Servo Motors
Power electronics components & systems, Motors, Drives ranging from low voltage to high voltage, frequency and motion control drives and their peripherals
- Modeling and Simulation using Matlab / Labview
- Motor Design and Development: 1 to 20 HP
- Electromechanical Analysis (of flux, core, windings, wire gauges, thermal & loss calculations)
- Motor Control Algorithm development
- Motion Control Support
- Drive Packaging
Design Validation through FEA Analysis
Motor case Burst Analysis
Oil &Thermal-structural Analysis
Natural frequency Analysis
Vibration (Transient/Harmonic/Random) Analysis
Paper &Fatigue Analysis
Fluid Flow and Thermal simulation using Computational Fluid Dynamics
Flow analysis of Motor assembly
Conjugate heat transfer analysis of motor assembly
Thermal stress calculations
Motor Control Centers
L&T Technology Services has its own state of the art test facility to provide testing services in-house. Static and dynamic load testing of drives can be performed upto 50 HP