- Vocational / Off Highway Trucks
- Haulage Trucks
- Special Purpose Trucks
- Specialty Vehicles
- Snow mobile
Areas of Engagement with Clients
Product Re-Design through Environmental Compliance :
L&T is working with clients for making earth a better place to live. Engine technology and Exhaust After-treatment technology keeps improving in order to reduce pollution caused by vehicle exhaust. L&T has special expertise in working on Implementation of environmental EPA & EURO compliance regulations across its customer products. It has extensively worked on Engine Installation programs for EPA 2007, EPA 2010 and Euro 5 for global clients. Currently L&T Technology Services is working on EPA 2013 and Euro 6 programs for which it is providing support in engine Installations as well as design of DEF tanks.
Product Re-Design through Fuel Efficiency :
Due to growing demand and competition, companies across the earth are working on various fuel efficiency initiatives. L&T has been working with its clients in this area by providing support to their programs on improving engine efficiency, reduction of aerodynamic drag resistance, incorporating hybrid technology and reduction of auxiliary loads.
Competitive Benchmarking :
It is important to continuously evaluate the cost and performance characteristics of one's products within existing and new markets. Asian markets are now lucrative for global commercial vehicle manufacturers. But these markets are price sensitive. Hence, global companies need to reduce cost of their products in order to be competitive in these markets. L&T Technology Services helps customers undertake benchmarking programs right from Tear Down Analysis & Ideas Generation, Ideas Implementation to Prototyping, Testing & Manufacturing Support.
Design support for Cabin Structure and Interiors, Class A surfacing, Chassis components:
Development of Next Generation cabins for interior parts development. Next generation electronics development. Development of exterior aesthetic development, Development of chassis for specialty vehicles to carry the maximum in the most efficient manner on a reliable system
Remanufacturing is a process where a particular product is taken apart, cleaned, repaired and then reassembled to be used again. Most of the OEMs offer to remanufacture parts and assemblies to support after sales support to its customers. L&T Technology Services supports their clients to come up with Overhaul guide which comprises of assembly and disassembly process, test specifications and plans for some of the important sub-systems on their equipment. This is accomplished by generating data from the available components and also by populating data from the established database or generate required data by re-engineering.
SERVICE OFFERINGS UNDER ENGINEERING ANALYSIS
Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Inertia Analysis (Bump/Brake, Cornering cases)
- Full vehicle random vibration excitation, FRF analysis
- Full frontal Impact, Side impact, Bumper/FUP analysis
- Cabin:- Dashboard, firewall, gear shifter, clutch pedal, seat, Cabin handles, Doors, mirrors, glove box
- Hood:- Hood, fender, side fender and various mountings
- Engine: - Engine components like connecting rod, crankshaft, piston, auxiliary components, and mounted components like air filter etc.
- Chassis components:- Chassis rails, cross-members, Fuel tank, DPF, Urea Tank, Battery Carrier, exhaust etc.
- Suspension: - Axle, suspension (leaf and air), etc.
- Tire: - Inflation, rolling, cornering, etc.
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD)
- CFD analysis of trucks aerodynamics
- Thermal management of under hood components
- CFD analysis of transportation refrigeration container/trailer
- Flow and thermal analysis of Cabin
- Exhaust system and Cylinder Head Assembly
- Engine Cylinder Head and Block Assembly
- Power Head Assembly
- Exhaust Manifold and Tube Water Jacket
- Improving the radiator efficiency
- Fuel System Module
- Tailpipe Diffuser
- Spark Arrester
- Catalytic converter